beef and tomato recipe, Chinese food recipes, Shanghai food recipes,
Chinese Beef And Tomatoes
|4 medium tomatos|
|2 tablespoons oil|
|2 lbs flank steak|
|1 medium green pepper, sliced|
|3 tablespoons soy sauce
|1 medium onion,sliced|
|2 tablespoons dry sherry|
|1 beef bouillon cube
|1 teaspoon garlic|
|3/4 cup boiling water|
|1/2 teaspoon ground ginger|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
|2 tablespoons cold water|
35 minutes 20 mins prep
- Thinly slice beef on the diagonal (for easy slicing,place meat in the freezer
until slightly frozen);place in a snug-fitting bowl.
- Combine soy sauce,sherry,garlic,and black pepper;pour over meat,tossing to coat
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours.
- In a large skillet or wok,heat oil.
- Add green pepper and onion saute for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add beef and marinate.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer,covered for 8 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir into mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; add to skillet;stir gently.
- Cover and simmer, just until tomatoes are hot,about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice with scallions,if desired.